Fabulous Food, Live Music, Hawaiian Products, Keiki Fun!
This nine-day long festival in July is a celebration of plantation life on the island of Kauai. More than 25 family-friendly events include cultural performances, plantation era talks and exhibits, film nights, craft fairs, local food events, outdoor activities exploring the area, sporting events, keiki and family activities, the Plantation Days rodeo, evening Ho'olaulea (street party), and a parade and park celebration.
Founded in 1835, Koloa Plantation was Hawaii’s first sugar plantation where laborers from Asia and Europe lived together sharing traditions of their homelands.
After the Koloa Town parade on Saturday, July 30, head to Anne Knudsen (Koloa) Park for a full day of festivities from 10 AM to 5 PM. Don’t miss the headline performer, Hawaii's Grammy Nominated & Award Winning, Henry Kapono, appearing at 4 PM at the Anne Knudsen Ball Park.
Henry Kapono and his band cap off the celebration but the line up starts at lunchtime just following the parade with non-stop entertainment – music, dance and comedy all day, representing the diverse cultural mix that started in the sugar era and shapes Hawaii’s local culture today. Local comedy favorites, the beloved Frank DeLima and Augie T have returned this year by popular demand.
American and Hawaiian standards, traditional hula, kachi kachi music, taiko drumming, modern Hawaiian music and rock n roll will all be celebrated. Enjoy food booths with local specialties, 70 craft vendors offering products made in Hawaii, rides, waterslides & activities for children, silent auction for activities, merchandise, accommodations, golf and dining.
FRIDAY – July 22
- Plantation Days Rodeo - Preliminary Roping & American West Barrel Racing at CJM Stables, 12-5:30pm.
- Paniolo Cookout & Slack Key music by George & Keoki Kahumoku, CJM Stables, 5:30-8pm. $10, ages 6 & under free.
SATURDAY – July 23
- Charity Tennis Tournament for United Way at Po‘ipū Kai. $20 entry fee. 8am-4:30pm. Entry deadline: July 15. 634-6050.
- Historic Hapa Trail Walk & Lunch departing from St. Raphael’s Church, by Kōloa Community Association. 9am. 652-2063.
- Preliminary Roping at CJM Stables, 12-5pm.
SUNDAY – July 24
- Family Fun Run/Walk by Kukui‘ula Canoe Club. Race fees apply. 7-10am.
- Charity Tennis Tournament Semi/Finals for United Way at Po‘ipū Kai. $20 entry fee. 8am-4:30pm.
- Miniature Golf Tournament, ages 13 & under, Lāwa‘i Beach Resort, 10am. 240-5179.
- 12th Annual Plantation Days Rodeo at CJM Stables. Pre-rodeo entertainment, $2 adults, children free ,11am-3:30pm. 742-6096.
MONDAY – July 25
- Makawehi Sand Dune Walk, Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i, Seaview Terrace 9am. 742-1234.
- Historic Film Night & Exhibit, Kukui‘ula Village. 6pm. 7:30pm movie. 742-9545.
TUESDAY – July 26
- Kōloa Plantation Days Craft Fair, The Point at Po‘ipū, 9am-1pm. 742-1888.
- Mixed Plate - Live Music at Old Kōloa Town Courtyard, 3-7pm. 245-7238.
- Polynesian Revue & Fire Dancer, Po‘ipū Shopping Village 7:30-8:30pm. 742-2831.
WEDNESDAY – July 27
- Māhā‘ulepū Coastal Hike by Mālama Māhā‘ulepū. 9:30-11:30am. 742-2024.
- Traditional Hawaiian Games, Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation, 10am-12pm. 742-6411.
- Plantation Treats at Kaua‘i Culinary Market, Kukui‘ula Village, 4-6pm. 742-9545.
THURSDAY – July 28
- Look Back Through the Sugar Era, Old Kōloa Mill, by Grove Farm. 9-11am. 245-3678x222
- Plantation Days Putting Contest, Po‘ipū Bay Resort Golf Club, 2-4pm. 742-8711.
- Lū‘au Buffet Dinner & Show, Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i. 6pm. Book directly with Hyatt concierge. 240-6456.
FRIDAY – July 29
- Māhā‘ulepū Watercolor Class by Mālama Māhā‘ulepū. Fee for supplies or bring your own. 9am-noon. 742-2024.
- Talk Story: Sweet Memories of Old Kōloa, Kōloa Union Church, 4:30pm. 332-0303.
- Old Kōloa Town Historical Walk departing from Kōloa School, 5:30pm. 332-5201.
- Movies in the Park by Rotary of Po‘ipū Beach, 8pm screening, 652-2136.
SATURDAY, -July 30
- Annual Parade & Park Celebration
- HISTORIC PARADE – 10am, Kōloa Town.
- Floats, marching units, riders, classic cars & the Pacific Fleet Band
- PARK CELEBRATION – 11am-5pm, Anne Knudsen (Kōloa) Park.
- Food, Crafts, Keiki fun, plus Live Entertainment featuring Henry Kapono &
- Band, Frank DeLima, Augie T, and more! $2 admission. 652-3217.
SUNDAY – July 31
- Paddle Fest at Po‘ipū Beach Park by Kukui‘ula Canoe Club. 10am-2pm. 635-0165